Marinating the chicken breast with freshly squeezed lemon juice and fresh garlic for this Air Fryer Lemon Chicken keeps the meat juicy and so flavorful. You’re going to make it often.
Start With A Marinade
The trick to making chicken breast that’s packed with flavor and doesn’t dry out, is to marinate the chicken before cooking it. For the best flavor, use fresh ingredients to make your marinade and marinate the chicken for about 30 minutes. The chicken will stay juicier while cooking and be tender and full of flavor.
For this Air Fryer Lemon Chicken, we’ll be using fresh lemon juice and canola oil, along with some salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
Making Air Fryer Lemon Chicken
Once the chicken is marinated, cook it in your air fryer over the crisper. This will help it stay juicy and cook faster. You’ll never need to try another lemon chicken recipe, unless you want to cook dinner low and slow. In that case, you’ll want to try our Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken.Print
- 1 boneless chicken breast
- ½ Tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ Tbsp. canola oil
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh parsley
- In a medium bowl mix lemon juice, canola oil, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Mix well.
- Add chicken breast and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Set the air fryer temperature to 350°F to preheat.
- Put marinated chicken breast in the basket of the air fryer on top of the crisper and cook at 350°F for 25 minutes.
- When finished check the chicken breast with an instant read thermometer. It should have an internal temperature of 165°F. Add about 3 – 5 minutes to the cook time if it isn’t quite cooked through.
- Garnish cooked chicken breast with parsley.