Who loves avocado? Now try Avocado Fries! They’re soft on the inside, crunchy on the outside and just plain delicious. Bet you can’t have just one!
There’s this trend out there in the food world of taking different ingredients and turning them into french fries. I’m guessing that the idea is that fries made with potatoes aren’t exactly healthy. Using a healthier main ingredient, and maybe baking them instead of deep-frying them, gives you that same fun finger food feeling without the guilt.
Thus enter Avocado Fries. Avocados are a healthy item for sure (see the health benefits of avocados here) and fries made out of them are really tasty. The first time I tried them was at a photo shoot that I was doing for Produce for Kids. I was a bit skeptical that they would be good. I thought they’d be kind of mushy. But they weren’t. Nope.
What they were was addictive. Try them now!Print
- 2 avocados, sliced ½-inch thick
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ tsp. salt, divided
- ½ tsp. lemon pepper seasoning, divided
- 2 Tbsp. low fat ranch dip
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine lemon & lime juice in small bowl. Mix bread crumbs, ¼ teaspoon of the salt and ¼ teaspoon of the lemon pepper in separate bowl.
- Dip avocados into juice, season with remaining ¼ teaspoon of salt and lemon pepper, and press into bread crumbs.
- Lay avocados in a single layer on prepared baking sheet and bake until golden brown, 12-15 minutes.
- Served with ranch dressing for dipping.
Recipe courtesy of Produce for Kids, recipe and picture published with permission.